All comments are approved by the moderator before publishing.
No anonymous comments will be published.

Sunday 6 June 2010

Chris on the Course

I have spent quite a few hours helping out our very under-strength greenkeeping team assisting in top dressing greens and then latterly to repair damage to the badly worn tees.
We are all aware our course is not Wentworth or Carnoustie but we can help by doing 'our bit' in preserving the condition of greens, tees, fairways and bunkers. I have heard members sitting in the bar saying 'the pay and play never repair pitch marks or divots' ...... but I know better!
ONE EXAMPLE: On Friday evening I placed the white tee markers at the back of the second tee (undamaged area) and also filled the soil bin with soil and seed mix. After the medal Tony G and I went onto the course to move tee markers and rake bunkers before the Scratch League visitors teed off. I must say I was horrified at what I found on the second tee. About 20 large divots removed and NOT ONE had been repaired.

Are you one of those who complain about the course and blame others??

Chris Moore

1 comment:

  1. Well done Mr Moore. Splendid show of loyalty and devotion to duty. When you you are in the bar get yourself a drink and I'll pay for it.

    ReplyDelete